This is day 14 of Voice of the Family’s spiritual crusade. Please join us in prayer for the protection of unborn children in Ireland and in your own country.
Intention: to obtain from God, through the Immaculate Heart of Mary, that Ireland may be entirely delivered from the evil of abortion and that the bishops may be granted the grace to preach the gospel fearlessly and to defend unborn children with all their strength.
Prayer: Sorrowful Mysteries of the Holy Rosary
Daily Spiritual Reflection
During the final apparition at Fatima, Our Lady appeared in three forms – as Our Lady of the Rosary, as Our Lady of Sorrows and as Our Lady of Mount Carmel. Thus she pointed us towards three forms of devotion that she seems to particularly desire at this moment of history.
These three devotions are:
- The Holy Rosary
- Reparation for offences against her Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart
- The Brown Scapular
Our Lady has particularly requested that we make reparation to her Immaculate Heart by means of the Five First Saturdays. However, there are other forms of reparation to Her Sorrowful Heart that can also be fruitfully practised, such as the devotion of Our Lady’s Seven Sorrows, which are:
1. The Prophecy of Simeon
2. The Flight into Egypt
3. The Loss of Jesus in the Temple
4. The Meeting of Mary and Jesus on the Way of the Cross
5. The Crucifixion and Death of Jesus
6. The Piercing of the Side of Jesus, and His Descent from the Cross
7. The Burial of Jesus.
St Bridget revealed that Our Lady would obtain seven graces for those who would pray one Our Father and one Hail Mary every day in honour of these Seven Sorrows. The graces are:
- I will grant peace to their families.
- They will be enlightened about the divine mysteries.
- I will console them in their pains and I will accompany them in their work.
- I will give them as much as they ask for as long as it does not oppose the adorable will of my divine Son or the sanctification of their souls.
- I will defend them in their spiritual battles with the infernal enemy and I will protect them at every instant of their lives.
- I will visibly help them at the moment of their death, they will see the face of their Mother.
- I have obtained from my divine Son, that those who propagate this devotion to my tears and dolours, will be taken directly from this earthly life to eternal happiness since all their sins will be forgiven and my Son and I will be their eternal consolation and joy.
Let us console Our Blessed Mother in her sorrows as we await the glorious triumph of her Immaculate Heart.