Voice of the Family launches rosary campaign for Church and family
31 May 2016
Voice of the Family is launching a rosary campaign to obtain the deliverance of the Catholic Church and the family from the errors and dangers that gravely threaten them today.
In this hour of crisis for the Church and the world Voice of the Family considers that no action can be more efficacious for the restoration of Christian civilisation, which is the essential prerequisite for the full flourishing of the family, than to turn to Our Lady with absolute trust in the power of her maternal intercession.
Pope Leo XIII taught in Adiutricem that:
“The mightiest helper of the Christian people, and the most merciful, is the Virgin Mother of God. How fitting it is to accord her honours ever increasing in splendour, and call upon her aid with a confidence daily growing more ardent.”
“It has been her unremitting concern see to it that the Catholic Faith stands firmly lodged in the midst of the people, there to thrive in its fertile and undivided unity. Many and well known are the proofs of her solicitude, manifested from time to time even in a miraculous manner. In the times and places in which, to the Church’s grief, faith languished in lethargic indifference or was tormented by the baneful scourge of heresy, our great and gracious Lady in her kindness was ever ready with her aid and comfort.”
The same Pontiff urged in Iucunda Semper Expectatione that given “the disastrous condition of the Church and of Society” and “the extreme necessity for signal aid from God” it is “manifest” that:
“aid should be sought through the intercession of His Mother, and by the express means of the Rosary, which Christians have ever found to be of marvelous avail. This indeed has been well proved since the very institution of the devotion, both in the vindication of Holy Faith against the furious attacks of heresy, and in restoring to honor the virtues, which by reason of the age’s corruption, required to be rekindled and sustained.”
We therefore invite you to pray the Holy Rosary with us for the following intentions, whether monthly, weekly or, best of all, daily. Please let us know that you will be joining us in prayer by signing up here. By letting each other know that we are praying we will be strengthening one another in our resolve to keep imploring Our Lady, Queen of the Holy Rosary, until her prayers bring about the deliverance of the Church and the family from the current crisis that is inflicting temporal and spiritual devastation on men, women and children across the world.
Voice of the Family prayer intentions for each decade of the Holy Rosary
- For the pope: that he faithfully hand on the “deposit of the faith” and correct the errors that are now widespread in the Church, and which have been furthered by recent ecclesiastical documents
- For cardinals: that they courageously fulfill their responsibilities as advisers of the pope, give heroic witness to the Catholic faith and follow the inspirations of the Holy Ghost in the next conclave
- For bishops, and for the priests, deacons and those of other orders, who assist them in their ministry: that they may courageously teach the Catholic faith in all its integrity, offer true worship to Almighty God, and govern the Church according to God’s holy will
- For persecuted Catholics: that all who suffer persecution for the Catholic faith, whether from within ecclesiastical structures or from forces without, may, through the mercy of God, be delivered from all those who assail them
- For the family: that all families throughout the world, and especially their most vulnerable members, may be protected from all assaults, whether spiritual or temporal, that threaten them.
An Act of Reparation (taught by the Angel of Peace to the children at Fatima)
O Most Holy Trinity, Father, Son and Holy Spirit, I adore Thee profoundly. I offer Thee the most precious Body, Blood, Soul and Divinity of Jesus Christ present in all the tabernacles of the world, in reparation for the outrages, sacrileges and indifferences by which He is offended. By the infinite merits of the Sacred Heart of Jesus and the Immaculate Heart of Mary I beg the conversion of poor sinners.
Prayer of St John Fisher for good bishops
Lord, according to Thy promise that the Gospel should be preached throughout the whole world, raise up men fit for such work. The Apostles were but soft and yielding clay till they were baked hard by the fire of the Holy Ghost. So, good Lord, do now in like manner again with Thy Church militant; change and make the soft and slippery earth into hard stone; set in Thy Church strong and mighty pillars that may suffer and endure great labours, watching, poverty, thirst, hunger, cold and heat; which also shall not fear the threatening of princes, persecution, neither death but always persuade and think with themselves to suffer with a good will, slanders, shame, and all kinds of torments, for the glory and laud of Thy Holy Name. By this manner, good Lord, the truth of Thy Gospel shall be preached throughout all the world. Therefore, merciful Lord, exercise Thy mercy, show it indeed upon Thy Church.