Voice of the Family is an initiative of Catholic laity from major pro-life and pro-family organisations. We have formed to offer our expertise and resources before, during and after the Synod on the Family 2014-15. We are supported by (in alphabetical order):
- Acción Vida y Familia (Panama)
- Alfa Szövetség/Alpha Alliance (Hungary)
- American Life League (USA)
- Campagne Québec-Vie (Canada)
- Campaign Life Coalition (Canada)
- Catholic Democrats (Ireland)
- Catholic Voice (Ireland)
- CENAP (Czech Republic)
- Culture of Life Africa (Africa)
- European Life Network (Ireland)
- Famiglia Domani (Italy)
- Family Life International NZ (New Zealand)
- Friends of Human Life Foundation/Klub Przyjaciół Ludzkiego Życia (Poland)
- Hnutí Pro život ČR (Czech Republic)
- Holy Family Apostolate (Scotland)
- Humanae Vitae Projects (United Kingdom)
- LifeSiteNews.com (international)
- Liga pár páru ČR (Czech Republic)
- Lumen Fidei Institute (Ireland)
- National Association of Catholic Families (NACF) (England)
- Observatorio Católico del Ecuador (Ecuador)
- Population Research Institute (USA)
- Res Claritatis (Czech Republic)
- Society for the Protection of Unborn Children (SPUC) (United Kingdom)
- Voto Catolico Colombia (Colombia)
The following truths are at the heart of Voice of the Family’s work:
- Marriage, the exclusive, life-long union of one man and one woman, is the foundation of a stable and flourishing society and is the greatest protector of children, born and unborn.
- The separation of the procreative and unitive ends of the sexual act, which is intrinsic to the use of contraception, has acted as a major catalyst of the culture of death.
- Parents are the primary educators of their children and the protection of this right is essential for building a new “culture of life”.
The Code of Canon Law (1983), 212 §3, states:
“According to the knowledge, competence, and prestige which they possess, [the faithful] have the right and even at times the duty to manifest to the sacred pastors their opinion on matters which pertain to the good of the Church and to make their opinion known to the rest of the Christian faithful, without prejudice to the integrity of faith and morals, with reverence toward their pastors, and attentive to common advantage and the dignity of persons.”
Voice of the Family has produced comprehensive analyses of the Instrumentum Laboris of the Ordinary Synod and of the Relatio Synodi of the Extraordinary Synod. A full list of all Voice of the Family publications can be found in our publications archive. Paper copies of all documents can be ordered by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.