Catholics worldwide invited to sign “Credo of faithful families”
10 August 2016
(LifeSiteNews – John-Henry Westen) LifeSiteNews has recently released a Credo of faithful families. It is a statement of truths of the Catholic faith regarding family and marriage which are under such attack today. It was developed by the U.K. Association of Catholic Families and LifeSiteNews with input from various prelates. It is a simple, short statement of faith in the unchangeable teachings of the Church which, as Catholic families, we have a right to hear taught unambiguously by all our pastors – the Pope included.
We hope you will prayerfully consider signing on to the Credo so that it may presented to the Pope with numerous affirmations. You will notice it has been signed already by many prominent and faithful Catholics from all over the world, including members of the hierarchy, Catholic professors, and life and family leaders. But the most important signatures are yours — those of the faithful Catholic families for whom this Creed was developed.
Sign the “Credo of Christ’s faithful families.” Click here.
The creed has the prayerful support of various Bishops who approve of its wording, including:
- His Eminence Raymond Leo Burke, Prefect Emeritus of the Apostolic Signatura (Vatican)
- The Most Rev. David D. Kagan, Bishop of Bismarck, ND
- The Most Rev. David L. Ricken, Bishop of Greenbay, WI
Life and family leaders from all around the world have also signed on publically, including:
- Vice John Batarelo, President of Vigilare (Croatia).
- Colleen Bayer, Papal Dame and founder of Family Life International New Zealand (New Zealand)
- Clemens and Natalija Cavallin, Ph.D., is Senior Lecturer (Associate Professor) of Religious Studies in the Department of Literature, History of Ideas, and Religion at the University of Gothenburg, Sweden (Sweden)
- Drs. Anca-Maria and Vincent-Jean-Pierre Cernea, both are members of the association of Catholic Doctors of Burcharest (Romania), Anca is also the president of Ioan Bărbuş Foundation (Romania)
- Steve and Bonnie Jalsevac, co-founder of LifeSiteNews.com (Canada)
- Gabriele Kuby, German sociologist, book author and international speaker (Germany)
- Monica Migliorino Miller, Ph. D. in theology (US)
- Patrick and Michele Novecosky, Editor-in-Chief of Legatus magazine (US)
- Virginia Coda Nunziante, President of March for Life Committee (Rome, Italy)
- Michael and Sheila O’Brien, renowned Catholic Canadian artist and author (Canada)
- Stephen Phelan, the director of mission communications for Human Life International (US)
- Jean and Angelika de Poncharra, Choisir la Vie-France, delegate for foreign relations (France)
- Fenny Tatad, executive director of the Catholic Bishops Conference of the Philippines’ Bishops-Legislators Caucus (Philippines)
- Christine de Marcellus Vollmer, founder and president of the Alliance for the Family and the Latin American Alliance for the Family (Venezuela)
- Dr. Thomas Ward, Founder and President of the National Association of Catholic Families, Corresponding member of the Pontifical Academy for life (UK)
- John-Henry and Dianne Westen, Co-founder and Editor-in-chief of LifeSiteNews.com, Co-founder of Voice of the Family (Canada)
- Mercedes Arzu Wilson, Founder and President of the Family of the Americas (USA)
Credo of Christ’s faithful families:
- We believe that marriage was created by God and raised by Christ to the dignity of a Sacrament for the baptized. Marriage is, of its nature, a bond between one man and one woman, freely entered, faithful, indissoluble, and open to life.
- We believe that sexual intercourse is of its nature procreative and unitive, and exclusively reserved for marriage.
- We believe that the unchaste misuse of sexual intercourse is radically harmful to body, soul and civilization.
- We believe that due to our fallen nature we must safeguard chastity with custody of the eyes and modesty of dress and behaviour.
- We believe that children have the right to be conceived in the loving union of a husband and wife.
- We believe that parents, by virtue of their gift of life and love to their children, have the absolute primary right and non-renounceable duty to educate and protect them.
- We believe that human life must be protected from the moment of conception until natural death.
Because the happiness, freedom, salvation and very existence of our families and those of our children depend upon these God-given truths, we expect the Catholic hierarchy and Catholic institutions to teach them unanimously. We pledge to uphold these truths and stand against their being undermined by silence, ambiguity or falsehoods.